Wednesday, June 12, 2013

GIA- TOO BEAUTIFUL TO DIE. TOO WILD TO LIVE


 "I'd tell them that you don't have to be anybody. Because I'd know that being somebody doesn't make you anybody anyway." - Gia Carangi

This young woman is a total inspiration to me. I haven't seen such an amazing, spirited, wild, independent person in my life! 
Gia Marie Carangi (January 29, 1960 – November 18, 1986)
She was an american fashion model in late 70s. 


Carangi was featured on the cover of British VOGUE


VOGUE Italia


American VOGUE 


VOGUE Paris twice



She had the whole world on her finger tips, unfortunately she became addicted to heroin. Despite this, she was still determined to make a comeback in the fashion industry. In 1986 she was diagnosed with AIDS. Gia was first woman who died of AIDS. 
There is a biography of Carangi by Stephen Fried called Thing of Beauty and movie "GIA" with Angelina Jolie.
Take a look at early life of Carangi:




Also, take o look at these episodes from movie "GIA"


See you soon

14 comments:

  1. This is a great post!
    I've nominated you for the Leibster award, go to my blog for more info.
    xx Natalie

    http://nextchapternatalie.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww, thank you very much!!
      following you! xx

      Delete
  2. Whoaaah she has been on so many covers! Great post. <3

    Greta xoxo
    laviedegreta.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you believe I didn't know her? shame on me! She looks so amazing, I'll check the film out, thanks for the tip ;)! And thanks also for following me on GFC, I'm following you back! However, GFC is closing in a few weeks so what do you think about following each other with bloglovin? let me know and I'll follow you! Here is my link, send me your when you can because I haven't been able to find it in your blog!

    looove!

    Pepa.
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/4223927
    http://www.rock-and-bows.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love GIA!!!! really enjoying reading your blog!! I am following you now :)

    Id be really grateful if you have a minute to visit me and follow back.

    www.kosmetyczna-hedonistka.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice post!
    I really like your blog and I follow you now (:

    xx www.ocean-hearts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you girls!! I am following you all. kisses

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a great post! keep up the awesome work hun

    www.mkstyleramblings.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  8. great post! :) want to follow each other? let me know! xx

    http://dreamlovelivefashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is awesome. I wanted to let you know I nominated you for the Liebster Award! Details here http://mackenziefield.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great photos... Hurry back!


    www.BlackandOlives.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey very nice blog you add interesting posts. Best regards and look me up on my blog . Maybe follow ?

    ReplyDelete